Dental Implants: What Are the Risks, Costs and their Advantages?
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are metallic posts made from titanium and fitted through a surgical procedure known as osseointegration into a patient’s jawbone by an orthodontist. Furthermore, in dentistry, dental implants as the standard care for prosthetic missing teeth replacement. The implants or an artificial tooth root usually provide anchorage to the bridge or the replaced tooth.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Having dental implants comes with a lot of advantages listed below.
- Improved Self-esteem: Dental implants are known to bring back a patient’s smile and help them feel confident about themselves
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants mimic your natural teeth, and since they are designed to fuse with your bone making them permanent
- Easier Eating: Patients who have sliding dentures can attest to the difficulties in chewing. Dental implants are meant to function like your natural teeth. Having them provides you with the freedom of chewing all your favourite delicacies with confidence and without pain.
- Convenience: Dental implants liberate patients from routinely having to remove their dentures at night or when eating. Implants are fixed permanently; hence it eliminates the embarrassing inconveniences from temporary procedures.
- Improved Oral Health: Unlike bridged teeth, dental implants never reduce the other adjacent teeth. This is because, during the osseointegration process, other teeth are not altered or touched. Every tooth is left intact, thus improving a patient’s long-term oral health. Additionally, having implants does not hinder easier access between other teeth, which fosters enhanced oral hygiene.
- Durability: Dental implants are durable and can last for a lifetime if good care is observed.
What is the Success Rate of Dental Implants?
The success rate of dental implants depends on your ability to maintain high standards of hygiene and observe improved dental care.
What is the Safety of Implants?
Replacement of teeth using dental implants has been in place for over 40 years, with a massive uptake since its inception. Moreover, titanium is safe and is biocompatible or easily acceptable by a patient’s body. Furthermore, a patient’s natural bones interlock with the implant through fusing and become permanent with time.
What Is the Cost of Full Mouth Dental Implants?
The cost of a single or several implants vary with regions and who is offering the service. For example, for Baltimore residents, the cost of full mouth dental implants ranges between $ 3,000-$4,500. The cost covers surgery for fixing the implants, their accompanying components, and the implant crown.
Does Insurance Cover the Cost of Dental Implants?
Most insurance firms do not cover dental implant procedures since they consider it cosmetic surgery. As a Baltimore resident, you can google search dental implants Baltimore and call them for a quote while inquiring if they accept insurance. However, patients can still subscribe to public covers from the government or private covers offered by hospitals or dental firms.
However, patients can still get covered under their insurance depending on the medical plan and the cause of tooth loss. If you visit a dentist in Canton, ensure you have a detailed conversation with your dentist and insurance provider on your dental needs and how relevant they are to your insurance cover.
Any Risks Associated with Dental Implants Placement?
The placement of implants is largely successful, with a reported success rate of 98%. However, risks are rare, and if they occur, they are usually minor and can be treated easily. Some of the dangers include accidental injuries to the adjacent teeth, numbness, drug reactions, and infections.
How to Choose a Dentist Near Me
Getting a good dentist to fit implants on you can be a daunting job. Below are the considerations to make.
- Location: Getting a dentist in your locality can be helpful to cut logistical costs and short turnaround times for emergencies. You can ask for leads from your local circles or google search for specialists within your area. For example, residents in Baltimore can google search dentist Baltimore MD and do a background check on them.
- Cost: You can also google search dental implants near me under the guidance of your dentist. Call the up for a quote before making an informed decision.
- Patients Review: Check out their LinkedIn profile or website and read through their services, patients’ feedbacks while also looking out for reported malpractice if there are any.
- Certifications and licenses: You can check out the dentist’s certificates posted on other credible websites. Also, check if their operating support is up to date both for the dentist and their firm.