Restoring the bright smile with veneers
That perfect smile that leaves a lasting impression is achievable even after defects that affected your teeth. While not everyone may naturally own perfectly straight and shiny teeth, with the right dentists in Canton, this can change. Veneers are a perfect dentist’s tool that can correct damages to the tooth. However, before you get veneers in Baltimore, it is useful to know more about what it is and how it does its magic.
Veneers: what are they?
Veneers are front teeth covers. They are the custom-designed shells that dentist in Canton, MD, and other dentist put to their patients to cover the front teeth and improve the general look of the teeth. They must be custom so that they match the patient’s dental structure and perfect fit. Veneers are thin and colored to match the color of the teeth and ensure that they blend within the dental structure and look.
To describe the veneers simply, I would visit a dentist near me if I had imperfections in my teeth such as tooth decay, chips, crooked teeth, or strain so that a thin layer is placed to cover these imperceptions. The dentist near me would put an irreversible custom shell after removing some small portion of the existing enamel to correct and improve the defect.
The different veneers types
If you are visiting a dentist in Canton, expect to have veneers in Baltimore like in any other place in the world that is made up of composite resin or proclaim. Veneers are primarily made of these materials. Dentist in Canton, MD, would most likely prefer composite resin veneers over porcelain because it takes longer to out the porcelain veneers.
The two types have different benefits, such as the composite resin requiring less tooth enamel removal compared to porcelain. Also, they cost less, and you may only need one visit to the dentist to have it applied. Composite resin can also be easily fixed if damaged after it was applied. On the other hand, porcelain veneers are resilient and strong. In addition to looking more natural, they do not stain easily.
What to expect during a veneer application procedure
- The dentist applying the veneer will have to remove a small part of your tooth surface depending on the defect to be corrected so that the veneer can be placed
- An impression of your tooth will be necessary. The impression will be taken for the laboratory process to ensure that the veneer blends with your tooth structure
- The created veneer will have to fit the tooth and mouth to be perfectly applied
- The veneer is applied by binding it to the tooth with a resin cement such that it is laid over the remaining part of the tooth
- You will be able to have a perfect dental appeal and a confident smile with the right maintenance after the application
- No side effects and other effects are expected. Your teeth function should be restored to normal after the procedure as long as you ensure that you work with the best and certified professionals
Maintaining the veneers
Dentists in Canton, like in any other place in the world, will apply the veneers, but it will be your responsibility to maintain them and ensures that they are cleaned properly. The caring and maintaining of the veneers are the same as the way natural teeth are cleaned and cared for. Measures such as brushing and flossing that have been critical in maintaining healthy oral health will be observed as usual.
In al these, remember that dentist in Canton, MD, are your partners, and they will help you maintain veneers. Regular dental visits for cleaning will be necessary to ensure that the regular cleaning is conducted. You can also consult your dentists, in case you need clarification or issues that have emerged. I do the same with dentists near me.
Feel free to ask the dentist for any information or clarification on the procedure. You should also ask about the various options that you have to ensure that you are well informed. Quality care is important in any dental procedure, and the patient should be well informed as much as necessary both about the procedure and post-procedure care.